Sunday, January 23, 2011

Kink in Libraries?

I'm curious about something. . .

I've noticed, in my pursuit of D/s and BDSM fiction that isn't hideous, that there seems to be a smallish theme/fascination with libraries and librarians.

I will fully admit that I am a librarian.  I will not divulge where, but I am a librarian.  I do wear heels.  All sorts of heels.  I do wear my hair bobbed (after long bouts with pixies, which I adore, I find vintage fashions fascinating) and when my hair was much longer, in my younger days, I did wear it pinned in a bun.  I did this mostly for convenience, and because, as an undergraduate student, I had a job in a restaurant where we were required by law to wear our hair back, preferably covered by a net.  When I did student teaching in undergrad, I wore my hair back because it was simpler and more convenient.

So what is it about libraries and librarians that make us so attractive?  Please feel free to comment and/or share details about this.  I truly am curious.  I do not see myself as particularly sexual at work.  Please divulge at your earliest convenience.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a submissive man and I have always found intelligent women enticing. Librarians tend to fit the bill nicely. Perhaps I'm not alone.

    I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with looks, although the looks you describe do imply a certain level of knowledge and intelligence.

    I think in my case, it's easier to imagine being dominated by woman of superior intellect.

    ReplyDelete