Friday, January 21, 2011

Fiction and D/s/BDSM

My apologies for the lateness of this post, I have been slightly under the weather. . . the cold, wet, hideously grey weather.  Brothers and Sisters on the East Coast of the US, boy howdy do I feel y'all's pain. . . mostly in my back, knees, and ankles, but it's pain, nonetheless.

Since my acquisition of a Kindle this past Christmas, I have been perusing and downloading several samples of fictional works that I have been led to believe are reflective of the D/s and BDSM lifestyle.  But I must say--if this is the best of the best, then I've really got my work cut out for me.  Oh my. . .

Here's what I've downloaded thus far, and been able to read just based on the samples:

High Heels in the Library S. J. Barellstalk

Dominatrix of FemDom Hell (Book 1 of a trilogy) S. J. Barellstalk

Domme by Default Tymber Dalton

The Reluctant Dom Tymber Dalton

The Melinoe Project D. L. King

I also managed to download a sample of a couple of anthologies, but haven't quite made it that far yet.

I humbly request that if any of my readers know of works of fiction they would like to suggest, please forward them.  Also--I'm curious. . . don't get me wrong, Readers, sex is all fine nice and wonderful when it comes to this sort of lifestyle, but I am curious. . . romance.  Anyone like to be romanced?  Or is my inner girl showing too much?  Please advise at your earliest convenience.

Personally, I find a man willing to submit to me, and to serve me and assist me in any way, shape or form, to be one of the most romantic gestures a man could ever make.  Flowers, candy, jewelry, nifty-gifties. . . yeah, yeah, yeah, nothing sets the alarm bells off like material goods out of the blue, for no apparent reason.  However. . . if a man greets me after a long day at work with a glass of white wine, a warm cup of tea with apples and cinnamon and honey, and who literally sweeps me off my feet into a nice warm blanket or bath, that's all I need to be truly happy.  And to think, I haven't even gotten to the nudity yet!

Maybe I should write a book. . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment