Thursday, July 14, 2011

Curiosity

Those of you who know me know that I am a hard-core advocate of kettlebells and kettlebell workouts.  I have been using Dragon Door Publications' Kettlebell Goddess dvd for about a year now, sporadically (ok, ok, at least once a week, but more when I can, or when the weather's too bad for me to take my workouts outdoors). One of my favorites--and the workout I've since been inspired to work up to for at least twice a week, every week--is one named after Odyne, the Greek goddess of pain.

Every time I complete this work-out (or, almost, as I still can't hack the double-cleans after the double-swings with my 20-pounders), I feel stronger, more in control, and a lot of my anger subsides.  I also get curious about the goddess for whom my favorite workout was named.  Here's my problem--I'm not finding much, other than quick, tepid, "oh-she-was-the-Goddess-of-Pain-and-she's-Greek" stuff.

I'm going to try and do a deep-web search later this afternoon if I'm able (and can remember) but if anyone has links they might be willing to share, it would be greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. What did you find out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing yet, other than the usual. . . very disheartening, but I'll keep looking. Maybe I'm not digging deep enough, or hitting the right sources.

    ReplyDelete