Sunday, October 9, 2011

Book Review: The Sexually Dominant Woman

I've had this one on my Kindle for quite some time, but I could never really get started with it.  Since I've chosen this path, and since I've chosen to change some things internally with myself, I decided to read more than just the first three chapters.  And I'm so glad I did.

Lady Green takes the reader--who she assumes, and she states this quite clearly, is female and in a heterosexual relationship--through basic safety, protocols, and she even gives the reader a step-by-step scene, so that they may begin their journey.

As someone who was raised in a rather traditional vanilla home, this is a very helpful guidebook.  Lady Green even gives the reader a list of references and other works in her rather expansive appendices, which I think is wonderful!  Because of Lady Green, I am now determined to read the rest of Jay Wiseman's Sm 101, as well as eventually purchase the updated version of Carol Queen's Exhibitionism for the Shy.

A note of help to any submissives there who are involved with someone, or would like to be:  read this, and discuss OPENLY with your potential Significant Other EXACTLY what you are willing to provide via your submission.  I've noticed a lot of bitching and kvetching from submissive men out here in the blogosphere in regard to how they can't find anyone, or how they feel misunderstood.  This may be exactly what you need to set your fears and timidity aside and help your potential Dom/me come to terms with you as well as themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment