Monday, August 19, 2013

All-Natural Beauty

Here on my blog, I celebrate not just being a strong woman, but a woman's beauty as well.  I just read an article about a woman named Asha Mandela, a real-life Rapunzel, whose hair has seen her through a lot in her life.  You can read the article from Yahoo here.

A lot gets made about a woman's hair.  Chaka Khan sang about it on her album, Come to My House.  Britney Spears and Sinead O'Connor sheared theirs off at one point, though Sinead had been doing it for years, and when Britney did it, people questioned her sanity.  I know a lot of men who prefer their women bobbed, while there are others who prefer length.  As a strong woman, I have always worn my own hair in a pixie, until the past five or so years, when I have kept it in one form of a bob or another.  I think this woman needs to be honored the best way I know how--with music!


No comments:

Post a Comment